Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Motley Crue Guitarist Says "I'll Keep Rockin' Till I Fall Down"

Motley Crue guitarist Mick Mars recently spoke with the Miami New Times discussing whether or not turning the ripe old age of 60 has changed his wild lifestyle.
"Well, yes," Mars says sarcastically. "Lots of things change. One doesn't," he snickers, pausing, "I'm still no gentleman. I'm still as big an asshole as ever. Lewd and aggressive. But honestly, there's one thing that's really different for me ... Being sober. And it's really helped. The playing is better. The songs are better. There are some people who drink their whole lives. But thankfully, I was just like, 'Ah, I'm over this shit. Over the drug thing. Over the booze thing. Over this other thing.' It's great to be clear-headed, instead of just sitting around going, 'Huh?' like a dummy. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I don't have many vices, except playing my guitar too much. I guess I'm kind of a boring guy these days. But that's how I'm gonna keep going with Motley Crue as long as I can."

The guitarist adds, "And even after that, I'll just keep playing and writing for TV commercials, movies, old bands, new bands, baby bands, whatever, right until it's all over. There's no way I can keep touring for the rest of my life, because I don't wanna be 75 on the road like an old goat with his head hanging down. But one way or another, I'll keep rockin' till I fall down. Definitely.






No comments:

Post a Comment